Hack/Do Not Hack Stickers
When you place stuff in the space, please mark it as either a "HACK ME" item or a "DO NOT HACK" item. If it is something you'd like to know about being hacked, stick a contact email on the sticker. The stickers are below for reference. There are a stack of these stickers in the metal baskets in the space. Anything unmarked MAY BE HACKED! (You've been warned)
We have introduced a process to try and make FindingStuff easier
After some deliberation at the space between paul, ben and ryan we've come up with a process and it goes like this.
The idea is that things in the space are all labelled.
The process goes something like this
- Stuff gets dumped from wherever.
- Stuff then gets identified and evaluated
- Stuff then gets a two pre-printed labels applied, either 'Hack' or 'Do Not Hack' and a QR code.
- The QR code is then scanned and a database entry for the sticker is populated. This is the tricky bit.
- Stuff is then split into one of two streams
- 'Should I stay or should I go now"
- Stuff that should stay gets put in storage in the appropriate bin.
- Stuff that should go gets gone to either ebay or the 'pre-bin' bin.
The bit that describes how the QR codes work will be documented here. The URL that goes on the QR codes will be:
Each page will have something like http://readinghackspace.org.uk/qr/00001