Project:Miraculous Tabletop Machine
Collaborative 3D Printed Rube Goldberg Machine. People can design individual sections that can be printed off by anyone, placed next to each other to form a chain run.
It is expected that the entrance and exit could be at any height so one section might be propped up on books or some other misc item to align with the next.
- An option/offshoot of this could be to make a continous marble run where sections do not require resetting.
- This might require power and if so a standard way of providing electronic/mechanical power to a section might be good
Each Section should...
- be assembled only from 3D printed or Project:Miraculous Tabletop Machine/Standard Items
- exception for a feature item, but this should be non-proprietary and easily reproducable by others
- fit within 200x200x200mm
- include a Project:Miraculous Tabletop Machine/Standard Entrance and Exit
- not allow anything outside the area that could interfere with adjacent sections
- include a solid base for all parts/supports so that it can be propped up to a given height using books, etc.
- include all supports from the base height (Could use Project:Miraculous Tabletop Machine/Standard Items)
- change the base height no more than ±100mm
- Theme your section - Eg. Pirate, Moon landing, Under the sea, etc.
- Do pointless but interesting stuff - Eg. Pop up flags, Frog eats a fly, etc.
- Don't forget to add depth
See: List of Sections